Individuals may attend their allied health appointments during stage 3 restrictions.
We continue to offer in-person art therapy to those who are unable to effectively participate in Art Therapy via Telehealth until further notice.
Anyone over the age of 12 must wear a mask if they are to enter the studio.
Pelican arts will always follow government advice related to the implementation of in-person and telehealth service.
These are some of the things we are doing to help keep visitors safe During the COVID 19 Pandemic.
- We have hand sanitiser at the entry of the building, as well as inside the studio, and of course soap and water. All visitors must clean their hands when they enter.
- We have increased our routine cleaning regime based on advice from Worksafe, in addition to this we and will be cleaning frequently used surfaces and equipment after each use.
- We will have fewer art materials out on our shelves to make cleaning easier, we have also purchased extra art supplies to accommodate for items that need to be temporarily removed. If there is something you can’t see that you would normally use just ask, we can get it from the cupboard for you.
- We have configured furniture in a way that makes it easy to stay 1.5 meters away from each other.
- We have put signs on the door and walls to remind everyone of what they need to do to help stop the spread.
Please pay attention to these signs.
- If we are sick we will cancel our appointments at no charge to you.Please don’t come if you feel sick, if you have had contact with a person with COVID 19, or if you have travelled to a COVID 19 Hotspot in the past 14 days.
If you have any COVID 19 Symptoms please get tested and stay home, we will be happy to reschedule your appointment when you are feeling better. If you have very minor symptoms and would still like art therapy we can organise an appointment via telehealth.
If active case numbers in the Sunraysia area increase to a level that risk of person to person infection is unable to be reasonably managed through measures already in place, Pelican Arts may offer services entirely via Telehealth.
Pelican Arts will take reasonable measures to provide continuity of service during a pandemic while maintaining client and staff safety. We recognise that some clients may be especially vulnerable to infection during the pandemic and that some clients may be unable to engage in Telehealth.
Clients may express a preference for one service over another, Pelican Arts will consider transition to-from Telehealth on a case by case basis. Fees for Telehealth services will be the same as their in-person equivalent.